Friday, May 21, 2010

SAS on Unix?

I have come to very strange situation . I have got SAS 9.1.3 installation cds from my university but i am not able to install it on my laptop as it has the Windows Vista ( I dunno y i took vista) but now i have a question if i get SAS for Unix/Linux from my university will i be able to install it on my laptop... may be by using some interface like cygwin or vmware ... is it possible .?? if yes plz plz guide me its very urgent for me

SAS on Unix?
No. The SAS distribution is not something you can compile on your system - they distribute executable files. So, if you have the Unix distribution, it'll run on the specific platform that it's licensed for.
Reply:windows vista does not support sas 9.1.3 installation,windows xp supports sas 9.1.3 installation.windows vista supports future release version of sas 9.2 ,


No comments:

Post a Comment