Friday, May 21, 2010

Where can I download traditional BSD 4.3 UNIX kernel system? I don't need FreeBSD or any other BSD Derivaties.

I need the traditional code from where today's UNIX systems are shaped up. I know there are lot's of BSD forks FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFly BSD, PCBSD etc (to name a few). I am not asking these BSD derivatives. But the traditional BSD 4.3 codebase.

Where can I download traditional BSD 4.3 UNIX kernel system? I don't need FreeBSD or any other BSD Derivaties.
You do know that BSD4.3 is 21 years old right? You might have to try contacting the University of California, Berkeley and see if there are any copies still around. Why are you looking for such an outdated (and apparently abandoned) OS anyways? Do you really have a VAX to run it on or something? And note that even if you had it, you might legally need a license from AT%26amp;T to use it.
Reply:The Computer Systems Research Group at Berkeley was disbanded in 1995.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C... Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment